Saturday, April 7, 2012

Gadgets for the on the go fitness

I've recently started re-using the app on my smart phone - MyFitnessPal.  It's also a website if you don't have or want apps.  It's really nice because I input my weight, my goal, my timeline, style, etc. and it gives me the daily caloric intake to meet my goals.  Then I can really easily track all of my food intake - I can do a search or if I have a package handy, easily scan the bar code.  Works really well.  You also track your water and cardio as well to get a net calorie goal.  Pretty sweet and simple.


I've got my eye on this cool product - www.striiv.com This pedometer/fitness tracker is right up my alley.  You get credits for working out that you can donate to charity to buy water or vaccines for other countries or you can save rain forests.  It also has some cool games on it you get credits for by exercising/activities.  I think I'll ask for it for my birthday. :)


I also have to say I am really using my iPod more lately.  Put on a nice, fast mix of music and head out for a walk or run.  It really helps keep the pace up and makes for good goals - I'll run until this song is over verses stopping now. :)

Until next time!
~A

No comments:

Post a Comment