Friday, August 3, 2012

Leibster Awards - Pay it Forward, Pay it Back

Leibster Awards

The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers
(A quick check revealed that I'm up to 6...from my previous 4 - woot!)
I was tagged by Courtney at So Many Miles, So Little Time - she's a fellow Moms Run This Town Chapter Leader. You should check her out!
(shhh,I also cut and paste this from her and she cut and paste from someone else)
The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.
11 Random Things About Me
1. I was born and spent a good part of my childhood in Oklahoma.  Am I the only person from Oklahoma you know?  I am for many people. :)
2. I've played a ton of sports throughout my life.  Basketball for close to fifteen years, soccer, softball, track and field, and tennis for a short time.  I also loved volleyball, but never played on a team.  I was captain of my highschool basketball team.
3. I love really stupid Sy Fy B movies.  Sharktopus, I'm there.  Piranaconda - Saw it.  I frequently set my DVR to Sy Fy on Saturday nights at 9 PM to catch the latest movie.
4. I can be a bit ADD about things and am a control freak about certain things (if you couldn't tell)
5. I have two tattoos.
6. I LOVE board games.  Haven't played in a while, but I love them.

7.  Sometimes I consider going vegetarian or paleo for a while but I don't think I can give up some of the foods required.  Nor do I think the hubs would be happy for either choice.
8.  I bite my nails. :( It's a horrible habit.  I wish I could stop, but I've done it so long I don't even know how to.  Every attempt to stop has failed miserably.
9. I don't drink.  I haven't had a drink of alcohol in more than three years.  I made the decision to not drink any longer when I realized I didn't enjoy it and I don't really look back.  I do find it humorous how much it bothers other people though that I do not drink.
10.  I LOVE popcorn.  For years I probably ate a bag every night. I know microwave popcorn is awful for you, so I try to do air popped now.  But sometimes...oh year.
11. Doing things I've never done before scares the daylights out of me.  I'm trying to challenge myself at this and am doing ok I think...but it's still pretty bad.  It's everything...even small stuff.  Driving somewhere I've never been, doing something I've never done...I don't really know where this comes from.

11 Questions from So Many Miles, So Little Time:
1. Have you ever been on a blind date?
I think I went on a couple in high school.  Can't really remember anything shocking from any of them though - it was always a group type of situation, never one on one.

2. If you could be any of the Fresh Beat Band members, who would you be and why? (If you don't know who the FBB is then you are WAY to cool for my blog.)
Ummm, I know of the FBB, but not individual members.  My little is still too young.

3. Are you a righty or a lefty?
Righty for most stuff, although I do some sports lefty.

4. Do you have a pre-race routine and if so what is it?
Being that I've only done one race, that's a no.  I'm hoping it will be have a smoothie 2-3 hours before hand and a coffee afterwards.

5. Have you ever stopped to ummm, go number one in the woods on a long run?
Ummm, nope.  My longest ever was 5 miles, so no need yet.  We'll see when I get longer distances.

6. Can you ice skate?
I have in the past...probably can, but not very well.

7. What is your chosen profession?
Marketing.  I currently work in electronic marketing - Web site, Social Media, Sales Integration best practices...Great stuff.

8. What is one of your favorite non-running blogs?
Free Range Kids.

9. Have you ever been to Las Vegas, and if so did you do something that should stay in Vegas?
Yes...I can't tell you that.

10. Please share the answer to # 9! (if you haven't been to Vegas would you go?)
Honestly, probably nothing dramatic...ha ha.
 
11. What is your favorite book or book series?
I recently read The Hunger Games.  Really liked that series.  Can't think of anything better as an answer.

11 Questions for you to answer from Tales of an Unfit Mommy:
1. What's the longest distance you've ever run?

2. What is your favorite food?

3. White, milk, or dark chocolate?

4. If you were a flavor of Ben & Jerry's, what would you be?

5. What's your favorite vacation place?

6. What's your favorite room in your house?

7. What's your cooking specialty? (the recipe you make the best or others request from you)

8. What's something on your bucket list?

9.  What's your favorite outdoor activity?

10. What's the last movie you watched?

11.  Suggest a song for my workout playlist.

Bloggers I'm tagging to nominate/challege:
Irma @ Moms Run San Jose
Molly @ Moms Run Lancaster
Nicole @ Centralia Moms Run This Town
Crystal @ The Domestic Warrior
Jamie @ Thrifty Veggie Mama
Dani & Pam @ Fit Moms Full Plates
Sarah & Katey @ Simply Mommies
Melissa @ Life in the Valley of the Sun

I'll tag a few more after I get some more volunteers hopefully.  Let me know if you want tagged!


No comments:

Post a Comment