Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My August Goals

So after setting and reaching my July goals and feeling great about it (giving myself a gold star sticker for that thank you very much), I decided that I would continue and set some goals for August.
1) After hitting my one mile per day average in July I am thinking that perhaps I will increase it a notch and target an average of 1.25 miles per day. I am already behind on this though after vacation, so I have some catching up to do.

1.25 x 31 = 38.75

2) Complete another 5 mile run. I originally was going to target hitting 5 in August but I pushed myself at the end of July and did it. It was a little too much at once and it took me a while to recover. I would like to do it again later in the month perhaps though...the right, slow way.


3) Sign up for another 5k. I am eyeing a couple...just need to decide the right one.  I like to have someone else run races with me...I should get over that fear...not yet though.

I think that is good for now.  I might be pushing myself a bit too far if I lay out anymore goals.

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment