Friday, August 10, 2012

L...is for Live, Laugh, Love


For the next segment of my A-Z blogging challenge I get to do L.  This was a pretty easy one for me due to the quote above that I, well, Love.

Live.  Live in the moment.  I'm sometimes guilty of focusing too much on the future and the what ifs and the what is next.  I'm getting better though, especially since becomming a mom I think.  Running also helps.  It gets me outside, reconnects me with nature.  I often have the opportunity on runs to see mother nature in her glory - wildlife, foliage, and beautiful landscapes.  Some of the little things we often overlook.
One of my favorite things is to get down to my daughter's level and view life her way.  The beautiful colors in a bubble, the warm feeling of jumping in a puddle on a summer day, or the vibrant colors of sidewalk chalk.  Small stuff.  Live life in the moment.  Enjoy the sunset.

Either way, don't get too stressed or busy or bogged down by the mundane to live your life.


Laugh.  Laugh often.  Find humor in small things.  Laughing is way better than crying anyways right? 

I love to laugh.  Sometimes I laugh to keep from crying when I'm very stressed out.  Most of the time however, me and my weird sense of humor are attempting to make other people smile so I'm laughing with someone.

I love this from Wikipedia:
Laughter has also been shown to have beneficial effects on various other aspects of biochemistry. For example, laughter has been shown to lead to reductions in stress hormones such as cortisol and epinephrine. When laughing the brain also releases endorphins that can relieve some physical pain.[15] Laughter also boosts the number of antibody-producing cells and enhances the effectiveness of T-cells, leading to a stronger immune system.[16]

Laughing 100 times is equal to 10 minutes of rowing or 15 minutes of bike riding.[17]

Sounds good to me - pun intended.

Remember this video that went viral earlier this year?  Awesome.


Love. Love deeply. Love what you do.  Make sure you have something in your life that you love to do.  Find what you are passionate about and then do it.  That in my opinion is what life is all about.

L. Live. Laugh. Love.

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment