Thursday, October 11, 2012

A little stronger...

So I did another strength training/crossfit workout this morning and I have to say, it's tough...but I'm feeling good.  I can already see some changes in my body and despite the pain, I'm really optimistic that this strength training will really help my running and my overall health.

I did something today that I never thought I would be able to do...I did a box squat with 60 pounds...60 pounds!!!  Yikes! Crazy.  I don't even know my own potential.  Gives me a reason to smile.

I've been quite the emotional basket case for a few days - A big THANK YOU and I'm sorry to the friends who have been there for me via text, email, phone, or in person. I don't know what I'd do without you...please be patient with me.

I saw a fantastic quote today on CNN - how fitting because today it is International Day of the Girl -- a date on the annual calendar set aside to advocate for girls' rights and raise issues of gender bias.  I fell in love with this quote and was really surprised that when I googled it looking for a pretty image/inspirational poster, none existed.  I love this though...it really speaks to me.


I was thinking last night about a nice Robert Frost poetry line I've always loved.  Here's the full poem:



It's the last part that I've always loved.

"Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference."

I was suddenly inspired last night to draw or paint a series of this line.  Some abstract perhaps, some landscape.  I don't know, but in either case, I'd like to give it a shot as my first foray back into the world of drawing and painting.  More planning needed. But I'll add it to the list of things I want to do.

I've also really been inspired by Swim Bike Mom lately.  Her book is coming out later this year, and I have to admit...I'm kind of tempted to buy it and train for a triathlon...I've been really considering doing an obstacle course 5K/race for a while.  I think I'd have to start there...but this triathlon seems so tempting...and much more doable for me than a marathon...but hey, if we're talking crazy...perhaps if my leg will stop hurting behaves and my crossfit training makes me a stronger runner...anything is possible right?!? 


Go check her out - She's awesome. And Inspiring. And Funny. And has no idea who I am or that I'm even mentioning her on my blog...but I can dream right...? And imagine that she'll see this and think I'm kind of, sort of, perhaps a bit...a teeny tiny bit awesome too?  Maybe.

And yet somehow despite all the turbulence and emotional craziness in my life, I feel like I'm taking baby steps and becoming stronger...at least for today anyway...physically and mentally...and maybe emotionally too.  Let's not go too far.  We'll see what tomorrow brings though.

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment