Sunday, October 14, 2012

Things I Never Thought I Could Do...

So the past few days have been filled with me doing so many things I never thought I could do...both physically or mentally.  It's been pretty invigorating honestly and helped me feel a little stronger on the inside.

Feel free to laugh at some of my silly things...believe me, they are random...but it's something that matters to me.  And honestly, some of them I laugh at myself for, so you can laugh WITH me.

1) I bench pressed 45 pounds on Friday.  Some of you may laugh and say only 45 pounds because yes, that is only the bar.  But you know what...I didn't even think I could do that much.  And I not only did it once, I did five sets of five - so I did it 25 times.  Hell yeah!

2) I unhooked a bunch of electronics and then helped hook up another electronic with some assistance.  For those who don't know me...me & electronics tend not to get along.  I'm clueless.  As a matter of fact, when I took the ASVAB test in school, I got a 96 or higher on everything except electrical...which I got a 54 on...oops.  So anyway...unhooking is probably way easier than hooking things up...but I did it nonetheless.  The point is...before then, I didn't think I could.  I was scared.  And I tried anyway.  And I overcame.  And I conquered. 

3) I stood up to someone who intimidated me.  I'm not going to go into too much detail here, but the fact is, I did it.  And I'm so proud of myself.

4) I am starting to accept help from people and actually take them up on their offers for help.  And it's not as hard as I thought it would be.  It's still extremely tough for me, don't get me wrong...but I'm trying.

5) I ran when it was 32 degrees outside.  Over 2 miles!!!  It was cool...ha ha...well, cold.  But it was also awesome.  Thanks to my other MRTT girls who ran with me!

So, that's a list of a few things I thought I never could do until recently...that I did.

What are some things you think you can't do?  Why not try?  Let me inspire you!

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment