Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I am thankful for...books

I am so thankful for books. I love books. I have for as long as I can remember. They make me happy, give me advice, teach me things, and transport me to far away places when I need to escape. I am hoping to transfer that love of books to my little.  We read together every might and anytime during the day when she asks me. I love reading with my G.

I have been reading a lot lately. On top of my ever growing blog roll in my Google Reader, I have gotten into books lately. Even listening to books on CD in the car.  I just stopped by the library today and picked up five books I requested.

Here is what I am reading right now:

Book on CD:
"Under the Dome" by Stephen King.

Books from the library:
"Tiny Beautiful Things" by Cheryl Strayed
"Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall
"Mean Moms Rule" by Denise Schipani
"City of Bones" by Cassandra Clare

Book I own:
"The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin (I have been reading this book for a while...its so good and inspiring I can usually only read a chapter at a time)

I have quite the varied mix of books I am reading. Different interests, topics, and genres. I historically kept track of them via Pinterest, Amazon Wishlists, and draft emails to myself.  Recently a friend introduced me to the Good Reads app (its also a website: http://goodreads.com). I am slowly transitioning to it.it keeps track of what I have read, am reading, and want to read. Cool stuff.

I can't wait to dive into the Cheryl Strayed book tonight!

What are you reading now? Whats on your reading list?

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment