Monday, November 5, 2012

I'm thankful for...running and fitness

I used to run when I was younger in school.  I was a pretty decent short distance runner, especially given my size.  I ran 100 M, 200 M, 400 M, and I ran as anchor on our 4X100 M relay team.  200 M was where I really shined.  Somehow though, I always envied the distance runners. But, I never did it.


Fast forward to this year and I started running again as a means to lose a couple pounds, get back in shape, get healthier, de-stress & unwind, and generally feel better about myself.  And now I'm loving it.

I've also recently started cross training and am constantly amazed at what I can accomplish.  I'm thankful to be able to run and to be able to do the things I do.

What are you thankful for today?

~A

2 comments:

  1. nice post! i am thankful that i went running toda! i always feel so much more positive. I wish you all the best with your endeavours too! best wishes, FitBrit ;) http://fitbrit1.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post!! I am so thankful for running too!!! <3
    runforyourlifefitness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete