Thursday, August 18, 2011

Just keep walking...

Wow...I'm kind of sad I got no love for meeting my goal...no comments congratulating me?  :(  I think I need more followers or something.  Follow me people...comment.  Keep me accountable!  If not, it's just me and I'm not sure how long I'll keep it up if I don't feel like I'm impressing someone or someone is actually interested in what I have to say.

Anywho - so the day after meeting my goal, I not only met my goal again, but surprised it with an impressive 12,600+ steps.  I know, I know - I deserve an award or something.  It was actually easier than the day before - I just made sure to make more trips up and down the stairs - had to keep up my hydration you know since I was working out more and burning more calories, I'm apparently needing more water since I'm rather thirsty all day.

Then rather than running (I'm taking two days off between running days to heal appropriately), I decided to talk a couple of walks.  It was rather nice out so I got in two walks.  Very nice.  Then I came home and ran around with the kiddo.  Fun times!

Unfortunately for me, today I forgot my pedometer at home so I was forced to try and gauge my steps myself.  I didn't get to go up and down the stairs as much as I wanted, so I took a longer walk than normal after working on some stressful projects at work.  I then came home and ran around with the kiddo some more.  I don't think I got 12,000 steps and I'm not even sure about the 10,000, but I feel pretty good.  And got in way more steps than I would have just a few days ago.

Of course, I didn't eat as well today as I could have, but I'm getting better.  I feel like I have really good eating days and some not so good, but I'd still like to think I eat better than a lot of people most days so that follows my 80/20 rule and works for me.

Until next time,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment