Friday, August 12, 2011

Results are in...

So I haven't had time to update, but I got the results from my check up and guess what...I'm surprisingly healthy.  The doctor wished she had more patients like me ha ha.  And here I was feeling all pathetic...guess I'll go eat more chocolate...well, and keep becoming more fit because I still think I could be healthier and fitter.

So, great blood pressure - 120/80.  Great cholesterol.  I don't have all the numbers in front of me, but I want to say total was 141, HDL was 83, and triglycerides was 53...I could be totally off here.  All I remember was her saying all the numbers were great.  Thyroid test came back normal, iron levels good.  Yay, yay, yay..

Had a skin check.  Thankfully I did - turns out I have a suspect mole on my foot.  Apparently it's pretty common for the bad ones to pop up on your feet.  People don't check there frequently so they tend to go unnoticed for too long. 

So, just to be safe, I'm having it removed.  I'm also having some scar tissue on my thigh removed too.  So if anything, it's great that I got a check up just for that.

So note to all - Get a skin exam.  Check your feet.

The only thing that will suck about the whole thing is I'll have to take a week or more off of running to heal after I have them removed.  Then again, things have been so hectic this week I haven't been running like I want to (damn volatile stock market!), but I was at least good and have been walking.  And even better news, the hubs has been coming walking too after work.  Small things...small things.

Until next time,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment