Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Walk the walk...

I know...you guys have been waiting all day for my  updates...First off, I apologize, I was too crazed at work and spent my free time walking instead of blogging.

So, by 10 am I thought I was off to a good start - already up to 2,500 steps or so.  Unfortunately, I got stuck on a conference call for two hours so by noon I was only up to 3,000 steps.  Seemed pretty pathetic since by that point I had walked up to the fourth floor using the stairs already three times and down two times in addition to the walk in the building since I parked in the back of the lot.  Yikes...

So, I also decided today would be a good day to jump back into running - figured that would help my stress level and get my step count up right?  So according to MapMyRun.com my trail was about 1.2 miles - the one I normally run/walk.  I pushed myself harder than normal and as I got towards the end I checked the pedometer...big yikes...not even up to 6,000 steps...So I decided to do a longer loop and walked most of the way and ran a tiny bit more.  By the time I went in I was up to 8,000 steps.

Went up and down the stairs two more times - had to get water. :)  Gotta keep up that hydration.

By the time I left work I was up to 9,600!  Yay!

Get home, run down to the garden with G to pick some veggies - gotta keep eating healthy right?  Run around with her a while.

Just now sat down to blog and update...

11,091.

Wahoo!!!! 

Not only did I finally meet my goal of 10,000, I actually achieved my stretch goal of 11,000.  And I'm pooped. 

I think I pushed myself too far though...I'm in quite a bit of pain.  My knees and ankles hurt.

It was quite challenging to get to 10,000.  I'm really surprised how much work it was.  If I don't run, I figure it will take quite a bit of effort, we'll see though.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up.

Ironically, with the extra running and hydration today, I found myself craving veggies...green, yellow, red.  So I added cauliflower, broccoli, and yellow squash to my dinner tonight.  Then I was still craving red so I made a small dish with red sauce.  So I definitely got my veggies in between that and lunch.

Fruit is a bit lacking though...so I'm going to go have a small bowl of ice cream for dairy and some strawberries and walnuts.  Mmmm, mmm good.

Until next time,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment