Sunday, July 8, 2012

D...is for Do it, Determination, and Diet

Continuing on my fitness A-Z blog challenge.  I had to think a while to come up with some good "d" words to write about.  I got desperate (ha ha, d) and googled it.  And really didn't get far.  So I thought some more and came up with a couple worth talking about that resonated with me.

Do it. I don't mean it.  I mean do whatever it is for you.  If you are thinking about it, just do it.  Don't keep procrastinating, or make excuses, do it.  What does that mean for me lately?  Well, I keep not signing up for an official 5K. I'm scared.  I'll admit it.  I'm afraid of failure which for me means not running the whole thing.  I'm afraid I'll overheat since it's July you know.  I'm afraid of the unknown.  But, I need to get over myself and just do it.  Just do it Amber.  The Will's Way 5K is a local 5K near me I'm eying.  I wish there was one sooner that resonated.  If anyone knows of one nearby, let me know.  If not, I'll keep eyeing this one and hopefully just sign up one of these days.  Anyone want to sign up with me? Keep me accountable?



What's your thing that you need to just do?  Think about it, then do it.

Determination. This has been a key thing for me in my quest to become a healthier person.  Determination helps drive me.  It keeps me going.  I'm determined to be healthier for myself and my family.



Diet.  I don't mean a fad go lose a bunch of weight type of thing.  I mean what you eat every day.  How healthy is your diet?  I did a good look at mine earlier this year and realized it could be a lot better.  I really like the new food pyramid/my plate thing - much more visually appealing.  I've been doing a lot better eating my colors and eating more fruits and veggies.  I also eat a lot of whole wheat and whole grain products.  If you want to be a fitter person, take a look at your diet.  Does it need a makeover? 



I've found as I eat better, I feel better.  I don't get sick as often and I'm happier.  Works for me. I suggest you give it a try.  I'll admit, it will take at least three weeks for you to really start seeing effects and get rid of the cravings for crappy food.  So it will take determination and dedication (couldn't help myself there!).

Until next time!

~A

PS - Keep me accountable. Call me out.  Someone make me sign up for that 5K dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment