Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The little things....

I was thinking last night about all the little things that make me smile and I thought "Amber, this is a great idea for the good ole' blog." So I am going to start a new little series about the little things that make me happy, make me smile, make me pause, or just plain warm the heart occasionally. This should help improve my mental fitness I think and hopefully spread some joy.

So with that, my inaugural little things post will be about new socks. New socks?! Yes, new socks.

There is nothing quite like the feeling of wearing a new pair of sicks. They are soft and cushiony. I never really took the time to appreciate new socks until I met my friend Lorien in middle school. She LOVED (and probably still does) new socks. I remember thinking...this chick is crazy (well we knew that already...but you know what I mean).

But next time I got new socks (which wasn't often) I really took the time to feel them out. And as usual, she was right. They are AWESOME. Just awesome. Soft, comfy, and snug. Perfect fit. Lorien may not even remember those days...hopefully it was Lorien. If not, well too bad - it was you darn it. But what really matters is the socks.

So next time you get a new pair of socks, take a sec and enjoy the wonderful feeling that is new socks. Wiggle your toes, slide across the floor, dance. Whatever it takes.

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment