Sunday, July 29, 2012

J...is for July update and Just Do It

One more quick one for my A-Z blogging challenge.

July Goals. So if you recall - and I know you follow my blog so intently that you remember this with crystal clear detail - I set some Goals for July.

To date I had provided an update that I had indeed run 4 miles and I had indeed not only registered for, but completed my 5K.  That left my average of one mile per day in July or 31 miles total.

So I set down and went to work with my calculator and Nike+ today to check out where I was and how I'm doing.  Are you ready for this?

31.86 miles!

July goals - Check!

Works out really well since we are on vacation this week.  I still want to run if I can, but my leg might need some rest after my 5 mile run the other day so we'll see I feel.  But pretty awesome.  I guess I need to figure out my goals for August now to prepare that post when we are back.  I was originally going to target five miles...but, well I hit that, so we'll see.  I need a few days to recover to figure out if I want to increase distance in August or perhaps work on time for a bit.  I'll let you know.

Either way, as I mentioned in my goals post - specific, measurable, attainable goals.  I was specific about what I wanted, they were measurable, and I attained them.  Whoo hoo!

Just do it.  I've always loved Nike's slogan.  It's actually one of the reasons I got into marketing and went to school for it.  I used to tell people that I wanted to be the person who wrote Just do It slogans.  Well, I don't necessarily do that today...yet...but I still love the idea...and the slogan.

Just do it has been one of my running mantras.  Do I really want to run today?  Just do it, Amber.  Can I do 4 miles - Just do it.  Can I run a 5K - Just do it.  Can I run 5 miles - Just do it.  Sounding familiar?  Mainly I use it as my inspiration to try.  Don't question if I can - just do it.  If I don't get the whole thing, at least I did something and tried.  Anything is better than not doing anything and wondering if I could have.

So whatever your goals are - Just do it.  Stop questioning yourself.  Just do it.
~ A

No comments:

Post a Comment