Monday, July 23, 2012

H...is for Happy & Healthy

For my next edition of my A-Z blogging challenge, I have the letter H.

This was a pretty easy one for me.

Healthy.  The main reason I want to be a fitter mom.  I want to be healthy so I can be the best mom and wife I can be. 

I look up the definition of healthy on dictionary.com:

1. possessing or enjoying good health or a sound and vigorous mentality: a healthy body; a healthy mind.
2. pertaining to or characteristic of good health, or a sound and vigorous mind: a healthy appearance; healthy attitudes.
3. conducive to good health; healthful: healthy recreations.
4. prosperous or sound: a healthy business.
5. Informal . fairly large: I bought a healthy number of books.
I'll take all. Yes, please.
Happy.  Happiness is also an important thing to me.  I'll consider myself a successful mom is my little is happy and healthy.  It's the little things that make you happy, but it's those little things that really matter.  My cousin once asked my aunt, "Why is Amber so happy, she basically wakes up happy."  I guess I'm just a pretty happy person in general, not prone to unhappiness.  I'm pretty intrinsically motivated, so even when I'm down I tend to take steps to turn around my day.
I have periods in time when I get a little down and one of my best ways to help me feel better is to try to make other people happy.  Compliment them. Help them.  Give it a try.

This image made me happy as I tried to search for something to put here:
I'm reading Gretchen Rubin's "Happiness Project" book.  I love it.  The whole concept is even if you are happy, you can be happier and it talks about little steps you can take to be happier.

 Another thing that makes me happy?  Do you know what's coming here? Chocolate.  Oh yeah baby.  Had a nice glass of chocolate milk tonight.  Mmm, mmm yummy.  Even better - shared some with the little.
Those are my thoughts on H.
~A

No comments:

Post a Comment