Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Been busy...

Sorry - not going to lie.  I've been busy so I haven't been blogging.  The little keeps me on my toes so I don't have a lot of free time at night to sit down and post updates.

However, I'm happy to report that I'm doing well on my fitness goals.  Since my last post I really focused in on eating better and running more.  I've lost almost ten pounds since January as of this morning.  Running wise I'm happy as can be.  After stalling under the 1 mile mark for what seemed like weeks, I finally busted through in May and now I can run a 5K (3.1 miles).  I haven't run an official 5K yet, but I've run several unofficial 5Ks around the work trails.

I also started up a running group on facebook comprised of some other local moms who run.  We're the Quiet Corner Running Group and we're up to 5 members.  We had our first run this past weekend and we did just shy of three miles.  So excited to have found some new friends!  And we get to run and encourage each other on our new journey to fitness.
So I'm thinking I'm not quite so unfit anymore.  I could definitely be fitter, but looking back at the past year...I'm pretty proud of where I've come.  If you told me a year ago I'd be able to run three miles I would have laughed.  Now I have my eyes set on running an official 5K and then going from there.  I'm not going to say I'll ever be a marathoner...but who knows what the future may hold.
So that's my quick update!
~A
PS - A big shout out and an "I'm so proud and inspired by you" goes out to my friend Michele over at Dodging Acorns as she's running her first 10K today.  You go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment